|Rank||Player (yrs, age)||Losses|
|1.||Cy Young+ (22)||315|
|2.||Pud Galvin+ (15)||310|
|3.||Nolan Ryan+ (27)||292|
|4.||Walter Johnson+ (21)||279|
What is named for the MLB pitcher with the most losses in league history?
Cy Young holds the MLB loss record with 316; Pud Galvin is second with 308. Young and Galvin are the only players to earn 300 or more losses.
What pitcher has the most wins in MLB history?
Career Leaders & Records for Wins
|Rank||Player (yrs, age)||Wins|
|1.||Cy Young+ (22)||511|
|2.||Walter Johnson+ (21)||417|
|3.||Pete Alexander+ (20)||373|
|Christy Mathewson+ (17)||373|
Who has the most losses in a MLB season?
Most Major League Baseball (MLB) Season Losses
- Cleveland Spiders – 1899 – 134.
- New York Mets – 1962 – 120.
- Detroit Tigers – 2003 – 119.
- Philadelphia Athletics – 1916 – 117.
- Boston Braves – 1935 – 115.
- Baltimore Orioles – 2018 – 115.
- Washington Senators – 1904 – 113.
- Pittsburg Alleghenys – 1890 – 113.
Has any MLB pitcher gone undefeated?
No one cared to find out. Note that none of these pitchers were in any way special. Outside of his 12-0 season, Zachary was 174-191. Lamp was a middling starter turned middle reliever.
Share All sharing options for: Clay Buchholz and the new undefeated season.
Who is the winningest pitcher of all time?
Cy Young holds the MLB win record with 511; Walter Johnson is second with 417. Young and Johnson are the only players to earn 400 or more wins. Among pitchers whose entire careers were in the post-1920 live-ball era, Warren Spahn has the most wins with 363.
Which two cities have the oldest stadiums in Major League Baseball?
There are 30 stadiums in use by Major League Baseball (MLB) teams. The oldest ballpark is Fenway Park in Boston, home of the Boston Red Sox, which opened in 1912.
|Team||Boston Red Sox|
Who are the best pitchers of all time?
The Best Pitchers Of All Time
Will anyone win 300 games again?
There have been no active 300-game winners since Johnson retired after that season. It’s becoming one of those old-timey barriers, things players used to do, like win 30 games in a season or hit . 400. It doesn’t happen anymore.
Who threw the most no hitters?
Nolan Ryan holds the record for no-hitters in the major leagues with seven.
Who has the best bullpen in baseball 2020?
1. New York Yankees. Despite losing Betances to the Mets, the New York Yankees own MLB’s best bullpen until further notice. It begins with hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman, who posted a 2.21 ERA with 37 saves and struck out 85 in 57 innings in 2019.
What is the best MLB record in history?
Five of them won it all.
- 1906 Chicago Cubs: 116-36 (.763), lost World Series. …
- 2001 Seattle Mariners: 116-46 (.716), lost in ALCS. …
- 1998 New York Yankees: 114-48 (.704), won World Series. …
- 1954 Cleveland Indians: 111-43 (.721), lost World Series. …
- 1927 New York Yankees: 110-44 (.714), won World Series.
Whats the worst team in the MLB?
The team with the worst record in MLB actual finishes ahead of the Elite Eight Miami Marlins by this measure. Pirate hitters walked 82 fewer times than their opponents, and tied the Mets for the lowest offensive average launch angle at 9.8 degrees.
What’s the longest at bat in MLB history?
Brandon Belt’s record at-bat
The at-bat lasted 12 minutes and 45 seconds. The at-bat included 16 foul balls (10 of which were consecutive). Belt would eventually fly out, and Barria would end up throwing 49 pitches in the inning without surrendering so much as one run.
What baseball records will never be broken?
22 MLB records that will never be broken in our lifetimes
- 1 of 22. Joe DiMaggio’s 56-game hitting streak. …
- 2 of 22. Cal Ripken’s 2,632 consecutive games. …
- 3 of 22. Nolan Ryan’s 5,714 career strikeouts. …
- 4 of 22. Nolan Ryan’s seven career no-hitters. …
- 5 of 22. Nolan Ryan’s 2,795 walks. …
- 6 of 22. Johnny Vander Meer’s back-to-back no-hitters. …
- 7 of 22. …
- 8 of 22.
Can a pitcher pitch twice in one game?
As long as he remains active in the game he can re-enter as a pitcher. If he is removed from the game, he is not able to re-enter. Same as with any player on the team. Once you have been substituted for, you are done for the remainder of the game.